With winter approaching, it’s time to start thinking about that end-of-year relaxing getaway, which hopefully everyone is able to take! Mr. Jon, from our Cranston school, provided The Rhode Show with tips on where, when, and how to vacation this winter! Watch it here.
What are the advantages of taking a quick getaway?
- Today with increasing financial constraints, which limits many people from taking longer, farther vacations, the quick getaway is a fantastic option. A weekend getaway does not require you to use many vacation days if any at all. The trip can be taken over a long weekend allowing you to save your vacation days trips farther from home. Even just a weekend away can be enough to recharge your batteries.
How can you budget for a winter weekend getaway?
- A weekend getaway does not have to break the bank. Many hotels and resorts offer winter weekend packages that may include meals, entertainment, and tickets to local attractions. These packages combined with driving rather than flying can create a very affordable fun filled weekend.
What are some examples of Winter Getaways in New England?
- Winter in New England is a winter sports enthusiast’s paradise. Some of the countries premiere skiing and snowboarding facilities are right in our own backyard. Just a few hour drive north will place you in the heart of ski country. Also, be sure to check AAA and local ski shops for discounted lift passes, as well as local ski shops who organize weekend trip to various mountains regularly. Many mountains also provide organized activities for children allowing the parents to spend the day on the slopes.
What about getaways for those that don’t ski?
- There are many resorts scattered throughout New England that dedicate themselves to providing fun to the whole family. These destination resorts provide families with an extensive array of daily activities including indoor water parks, rope courses, bowling, and movie theaters just to name a few.
What if Mom and Dad don’t have the kids for the weekend?
- The New England coast line is crammed with hidden gems that are perfect for romantic weekend getaways. From Maine to Cape Cod, small villages are filled with quaint bed and breakfasts. The ideal place for mom and dad to recharge their batteries.